Everything Signers will need to know for joining Meetings through Stavvy!
WHAT YOU'LL NEED
Non-expired, government-issued ID (passport, state ID, or driver's license)
Computer with access to email, video camera, and microphone
Smartphone with camera (For ID verification)
Quiet Space with a stable, reliable internet connection
For additional technical requirements, click HERE
- Turn off VPN
- Open email from Stavvy subject line ‘Remote Signing with [Host Name]’
- From a computer with access to microphone/camera, click the ‘Join Meeting’ button within the email
- Click ‘Submit’ on the tab that opens with your email address pre-populated
- You will then be directed to a page that will require you enter a 6 digit code that will be sent to via email for security purposes.
- The email title will be 'Welcome to Stavvy'
JOINING THE MEETING
- Once the code is entered, you will be directed to a page where you will wait for the Host to start the meeting
- Once the Meeting is started by the Notary, you will select if it is just you signing, or if there are multiple signers joining from one device.
- If multiple signers will be using the same device to complete the documents, you will select 'Me & others', if it will be just yourself signing, select 'Just me'.
DURING THE MEETING
- First, the Notary/Host of the meeting will walk you through Credential Analysis which will contain a Knowledge Based Authentication and ID Verification.
- While taking the Knowledge-Based Authentication (KBA), you will first input your street address, zip code, and date of birth. You will then be asked 5 questions based on your credit history and public records.
- You will have to get 4 out of 5 correct within two minutes. If you fail the first time, you will have a second chance.
- Once you have completed Knowledge Based Authentication, the meeting host will send the ID Verification. Here, you will need to input your phone number and will receive a text message with a link to upload a photo of your valid
- For signers who cannot receive text messages, after they enter a phone number they will have the option to complete the ID verification using a QR code
- You will be redirected to a site on your phone browser to complete the ID verification.
- Once you have successfully uploaded your ID and it has been approved, your meeting host will walk you through the process of signing your documents
- Note: If you are multiple signers on the same device, note that you will click between your names at the top left when applying the appropriate signature(s) (See below)
- When complete, the Notary will either end the Meeting, or you are able to click the "Leave Meeting" button on the bottom right side of the screen