A complete guide to purchasing/downloading/uploading an IdenTrust Digital Certificate into your Stavvy Notary Profile on an Apple computer
For Windows instructions, click here
Purchasing Your IdenTrust Certificate
Notaries who wish to use Stavvy must have an IdenTrust certificate added to their profile, or they will not be able to conduct closing and signing meetings. If you haven't already purchased your IdenTrust certificate, head to: identrust.com/partners/stavvy.
1. Scroll down, and click on "Buy Now".
2. On the following screen, Click "Next", and select the duration that this certificate should remain valid, and review the pricing of each option. The storage for the certificate will be Browser, which allows you to download the certificate and upload it later into Stavvy.
3. Click "Next" once you have made your selection, and then "Buy Now"
4. If you have purchased your IdenTrust certificate through another platform, such as the National Notary Association, and have received a voucher, you have the option to enter it on the page below. If you do not have a voucher, leave this blank and click "Next."
5. On the next page, you will enter personal information about yourself, meant to verify your identity.
This should be personal information entered. If you enter business information, IdenTrust will not approve your application and you will need to start over
Please note that the credit card number asked for on this page is not the card used to pay for the IdenTrust certificate. If your company is paying for this certificate, this is not the place to enter the company card information-enter your personal credit card on this page for further ID verification
6. Next, you'll set up security questions and provide answers that will allow you to access your account at a later date.
7. When you are finished, click Next. You'll be brought to the payment screen, where you will pay for the certificate. Note that this card will be charged.
8. Once your payment goes through, you will receive an email from IdenTrust to verify your email address.
9. Once your email is verified, you will receive a second email, which will confirm payment.
10. IdenTrust will complete ID proofing measures to confirm your identity with organizations such as your bank and the DMV. Once complete, you will receive an approval email. This email will contain login instructions in order to download your new certificate.
11. Keep this email open on one tab, and open the link within the email on a separate tab. Click "I'm Ready" on the page. On the next screen, enter your account password, and click "Next."
Downloading Your IdenTrust Certificate
Step 1: Click "I'm Ready"
Step 2: Login with your credentials
Step 3: Download and Run the IdenTrust Retrieval Application
Drag the key from the IdenTrust site over to the lock in the Application, or click Copy Key below the key, and paste it into the Application
Step 4: Once authenticated, click Generate Keys
Both your signing and encryption certificates will be downloaded and installed.
Step 5: Now verify the information in your certificate
Select See My Cert, Test My Cert or Done
Step 6: Verify certificate retrieval
You will be prompted to enter the password that you use for your Mac, click Allow. This is saving the certificates to your Apple Keychain.
You have now successfully purchased and downloaded your IdenTrust certificate! You will receive a confirmation email from IdenTrust once completed.
Step 7: Locate and export your certificate
Open your Keychain Access folder on your computer. Under Default Keychains, click on login. Find My Certificates and your IdenTrust certificates should be listed below.
To export the certificate, click on the drop down beside your name. Right click, and select Export, then Save. Enter a password for the certificate, select OK. Enter your keychain password, select Allow. The certificate will be saved to your computer.
You can access full export/backup instructions from IdenTrust here.
Adding IdenTrust Certificate to your Stavvy Notary Profile
Within Stavvy, click on your name at the top right corner and click Settings, and head to the Notary Profile. Click on Upload Document under Upload Digital Certificate. Find where you stored your certificate on your computer, and be sure to use the non-encrypted version. Next, enter the certificate password. When complete, the screen should say it was successfully uploaded.
NOTE: Wait 20-30 seconds for upload to complete and screen to update.
If you need to reset your certificate password, follow instructions here
If you have lost/forgotten your Keychain Password and cannot access your certificate
If you download your IdenTrust certificate and forget your keychain password and can no longer access your certificate, you will need to replace the certificate.
We recommend that you use a Windows PC to replace the certificate. To replace the certificate from a Windows computer, access this link and follow the steps below:
- Log in
- Select: Replace Your Certificate and click Continue
- Download and export the certificate
IdenTrust Digital Certificates are required to notarize a RON document, and they must not be expired.
You are expected to replace your IdenTrust Digital Certificate ahead of it’s expiration, otherwise you will lose your ability to notarize RON documents in Stavvy until it’s update in Notary Profile Settings and Stavvy has re-approved.
Watch video demonstration here
If you have any questions on this process, feel free to reach out to IdenTrust, or contact Stavvy's support email@example.com