Reference this article if you or your Signer aren't able to join a Stavvy Meeting
Please review this article of technical requirements to use Stavvy
Where is the URL or Link to my meeting?
- All attendees of a Stavvy Meeting will receive an initial Meeting invitation email, see below
- The meeting link will be listed near the top of the email. The meeting can also be joined via the "Join Meeting" button, and if you added the Meeting to your personal calendar, the link will be contained within the calendar event as well
I didn't receive a Meeting invitation Email
- Search your inbox for the title "Remote Signing" to double check!
- If you don't have an invitation email, please contact the notary or attorney service that you are working with, they will be able to re-send the invitation to you.
I have the link to join but am unable to access the meeting
- VPNs must be turned off ahead of joining a meeting
- Double check your email address. Your email should be pre-filled in the entry field, but ensure that it is the same email address that received the original invitation.
- When you click on the meeting link, the first screen that you will see is the process for performing multi-factor with a one-time-code
- Be sure to enter the code emailed to you into Stavvy to join the Meeting
I am stuck on the waiting page
- After performing the multi-factor, you will land on the following page
- The meeting does not automatically start at the specified time. The notary running the remote session has the ability to begin the meeting earlier or later than what is listed on the invitation.
- This page will continuously check to see if the notary has started the remote session, and will change to the screen below when the session has been started
- If you have been waiting on this page for a substantial amount of time and you do not see the "Ready to Join" appear, please contact the notary or agency performing this meeting.
- If you click on test your audio and video, you will be brought to the following screen