This guide will walk you through the steps of completing ID Verification for your Notary Profile.
Step 2 of setting up your Notary Profile is uploading your identification. This will be a: Driver's License, Passport or State Issued ID
- Enter a valid US phone number to complete this verification and click Send text message
- A text message is now sent to this number for you to verify your identity through. Click the link.
Below are screenshots of the process on the cell phone:
Welcome message to get started:
Select the country
*By default, the United States will be selected.
Click Next Step
Select the type of ID being verified.
Note: This must be a Drivers license, State ID, or Passport
Take a photo of the front/back of the ID. If the images were not of good quality and the system could not read them clearly, the system will suggest new photos are needed. You should then click “Retake Photo” to restart the process.
- Hold the phone in landscape mode with the top of the mobile device facing left, when capturing the ID image.
- If the mobile is held portrait or with the top pointing right, the image capture will display as flipped upside down.
Position the camera directly over the document (not angled), and avoid glare if possible.
- Place the document on a dark, flat surface in a well-lit area.
- Natural lighting may work best, and avoid home lighting directly above the ID card.
Fill the screen, but let the background surface border all corners of the document (about 10%).
Be sure that all 4 corners of the document are visible.
If you are using a passport:
Flatten it as best as you can
Include both the front of the ID and signature pages
- Note: Only the front of the ID will be available on the Meeting Details page under Documents at the end of the meeting
Once the photo is taken, you have the option to review and confirm the image.
Once you have taken both photos of the front and back of their ID, the system will determine if the images are of good quality.
*This process may take a few seconds.
After the images are taken, you will see the verification “You're all set!”
Click Check my upload status
Now, you are all set to finish completing the rest of your profile!
If you have any additional questions about this process or need any help, please reach out to us at email@example.com